Chamber Seeks the Best-of-the-Best for its
Outstanding Business Achievement Awards
SAULT STE. MARIE, ONTARIO - October 24, 2018 (LSN) – The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce (SSMCOC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting nominations for its Outstanding Business Achievement Awards to be given out at its annual Awards Gala in January.
“The Chamber’s annual business awards are about recognizing that we have real entrepreneurial talent here in Sault Ste. Marie,” says Don Mitchell, President of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce. “We have businesses, organizations, and agencies locally that are genuinely innovative, that continually strive to find new ways to engage their customers, that have adapted unique business practices that set them apart from their competition and that have become ‘outstanding’ in their individual sectors.”
The SSMCOC Outstanding Business Achievement Awards recognize businesses, organizations and agencies, and government departments that have made significant strides in overall growth and success, safety, diversification and accessibility, employee relations, customer service, innovation and exporting. Additionally, the Chamber will recognize the successes and community contributions made by several individual business leaders.
This year’s award categories include:
· Business of the Year Award (3 categories: up to 9 employees, 10 to 25 employees, 26+ employees)
· Downtown Business of the Year Award
· Indigenous Business of the Year Award
· Community Non-Profit Business of the Year Award
· Rising Star New Business Award
· Customer First Award - Individual
· Customer First Award - Business, Non-Profit or Agency
· Community First Award (3 categories: up to 9 employees, 10 to 25 employees, 26+ employees)
· Employer of the Year Award
· Diversity Award
· Leader in Accessibility Award
· Innovation Award
· Safe Work, Sound Business Award
· Beyond Borders Award (2 categories: up to 49 employees, 50+ employees)
· Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
· Skipper Manzzutti Award for Business Achievement
· Paul Dalseg Community Achievement Award
Recipients will be presented with their awards on Saturday, January 26th, 2019 at the Chamber’s Outstanding Business Achievement Awards Gala, “Reaching for the Stars”, at The Machine Shop.
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce recognizes that small businesses, along with the agencies that support our community, are the backbone of our local economy and would like to encourage members of the community and other businesses to take a few minutes to nominate a business or organization that they feel is genuinely deserving of an award for their efforts and contributions.