Public Health and Human Services Workers
Recognized in Governor’s Proclamation
COOK COUNTY, MINNESOTA - December 11, 2018 (LSN) Cook County, along with communities across the State, are recognizing County, City, Tribal, and State Health and Human Services Worker Day in Minnesota on Wednesday, Dec. 11, following a proclamation by Governor Mark Dayton.
“This is an opportunity to recognize the valuable work performed by all Cook County Public Health & Human Services staff throughout the year,” said Alison McIntyre, Director – Cook County Public Health & Human Services. “Every staff member within PHHS plays an important role in supporting the health, safety and well-being of the community. We also recognize the critical partnerships that our agency has with Tribal and State Health and Human Services workers and other service providers and agencies that help support wellbeing in Cook County.”
Cook County employs 26 people in the Public Health & Human Services Department who deliver and connect residents to supportive services, including:
· Chemical Dependency: Help with treatment options and sources of funding for treatment.
· Childcare: Licensing for family child care providers and foster care providers.
· Financial Assistance and Health Care Programs: Food support, cash assistance and emergency assistance. Eligibility and enrollment in Minnesota Health Care program.
· Public Health Prevention and Community Promotion: Promotion of health and wellbeing initiatives through education and community assessments; health service information and referral to resources; Public Health emergency preparedness and planning.
· Social Services: Services for children and families including children’s mental health and child safety services and services that help persons with disabilities and seniors remain in their own homes.
For more information on Cook County Public Health & Human Services, visit www.cookcountyphhs.org, Like us on Facebook, call the front desk at 218-387-3620 or stop by our office at 411 W. 2nd Street, Grand Marais, MN 55604.