Thunder Bay Kite Festival at Chippewa Park
#LSN_News #LSN_TBay #LSN_ONNews
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO - June 4, 2019 (LSN) – Thunder Bay's Kite Festival has been held annually since 1981. Along with kite workshops, demonstrations and activities, you will experience the flying skills of kite experts from renowned Kite Clubs. People of all ages will be impressed and inspired by their spectacular demonstrations of colourful high-flying kites.
Families are invited to fly their own kites, watch the Pro Fliers take over the sky with Giant Kites, and learn about different forms of flight.
Event admission is FREE but make sure to bring some cash for the rides, food concessions, and bouncy castles.
Highlights of the 2019 Kite Festival include:
- Giant Kites from pro kite fliers
- Free Fly Zone where you can fly kites and win prizes
- Make your own Japanese Koi Flags with the Community Arts & Heritage Education Project (CAHEP)
- Build your own Kites, Paper Airplanes, Pinwheels, and Rainbow Ribbon Wands
- Ultimate Parties’ Human Hamster Balls and Rocket Activity
- Face Painting, Balloon Sculptures, Juggling, and Magic with the Thunder Bay Clown Club
- Inflatables with Fun-Tastic Castles
- Jef Tanguay the Balloonist
- Lakehead Shrine Club’s Shrine Train
- Bubble Station
- Giant Outdoor Games
- Music provided by Maverick Entertainment Group
- Food vendors
- Community Group Booths
- Carnival Rides
- Plus much, much more!
FREE shuttles are being offered from Intercity Shopping Centre to Chippewa Park! Park at Intercity and take the shuttle to Kite Festival!