More Guns and Drugs
OPP, NAN, APS, and Thunder Bay Police Drug Arrests
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO December 21, 2018 (LSN) On the 20th of December 2018 members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), Thunder Bay Police Service, Anishinabek Police Service (APS) and the Nishnawbe-Aski Police Service (NAPS) executed a search warrant at a Vickers St. residence in the city of Thunder Bay.
As a result of this warrant police seized 4 loaded handguns and a large amount of ammunition. Also a quantity of illegal drugs including cocaine and fentanyl.
Police located and arrested one male suspect at the scene, Jordon SUTHERLAND, 27 years old of Brampton, ON. SUTHERLAND was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the CDSA x 2 counts.
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm contrary to Section 95(a) of the CC x 4 counts
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm contrary to Section 92(1) of the CC x 4 counts
- Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to Section 88 of the CC x 4 counts
- Careless use of Firearm contrary to Section 86(1) of the CC x 4 counts
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000 contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the CC
- Possession of Firearm contrary to Prohibition Order contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the CC
- Possession of a Firearm knowing Serial Number has been tampered with contrary to Section 108(1)(b) of the CC
SUTHERLAND is in custody awaiting a show cause hearing at the Thunder Bay Ontario Court of Justice.
- 30 -