2018 Tourism Sault Ste. Marie Awards Nominations open
#LSN_Outdoors #LSN_CircleTour Sunny Naqvi, 2016 Winner
SAULT STE MARIE, ONTARIO September 28, 2018 (LSN) Sault Ste. Marie is a warm community that welcomes tens of thousands of visitors from around the world each year. To recognize the local people and groups that help drive this economic sector, Tourism Sault Ste. Marie is calling for nominations for its 16th annual awards ceremony.
The nomination forms for the 2018 Tourism Sault Ste. Marie Awards are available online at http://www.sault-canada.com/en/aboutus/2018TourismAwards.asp. The deadline to nominate an individual or organization is Friday, October 26 at 4 p.m. This year’s awards include:
- Tourism Award of Excellence - This award is for an individual who has significantly impacted the development of tourism in Sault Ste. Marie. They have provided long-standing and exceptional service, demonstrated an entrepreneurial spirit, leadership and integrity. This person has established a strong legacy through passing their experience on to others to further benefit the tourism sector. During their career, they have gained the respect of those in the tourism industry.
- Business of the Year Award - This for-profit business in the private sector has demonstrated leadership by investing equally in both staff and customers through employee training or special programs and through value-added undertakings for the customer. The presence of this business leads to the provision of a better overall tourism product in Sault Ste. Marie.
- Event of the Year Award (New Category) - This new award will be presented to an event or festival that demonstrates industry best practices in all aspects of its operations, and serves as an example of excellence to other events and festivals and the greater tourism industry. The event must have taken place within 18 months prior to the award nomination.
- Tourism Customer Service Award - This award recognizes an individual employed in the tourism industry who has contributed to the betterment of the tourism experience for visitors. They exhibit a courteous manner, are customer-service oriented, and regularly go beyond the expected duties and performances of their job responsibilities.
- Tourism Ambassador Award - This award recognizes an individual or group that has made a significant contribution towards strengthening the local tourism economy, helping to achieve impressive results. The person or group, through either their paid employment or volunteer capacity, has dedicated significant time and resources to promote Sault Ste. Marie as a destination of choice for visitors.
The 2018 Tourism Sault Ste. Marie Awards ceremony is taking place at 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 22 at Quattro Hotel & Conference Centre. Tickets are $55 per person, which includes dinner, and are available at www.reservations.saulttourism.com/English/Tk_Select_Ticket_single.asp?SelTicket=Touri107. For more information, please contact Alana Kenopic at 705-759-5462 or [email protected].
Tourism Sault Ste. Marie is a division of the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation. To learn more, visit www.sault-canada.com.
PHOTO: Sunny Naqvi, General Manager of Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front, accepts the Business of the Year Award at the 2016 Tourism Sault Ste. Marie Awards.