Sawtooth Bluff Steering Committee Public Input session
GRAND MARAIS, MINNESOTA – July 17, 2018 (LSN) – Cook County’s Parks & Trails Commission is seeking a District Two representative (effective immediately) and a District Four representative (beginning in August) for two-year terms.
“We are looking for two interested individuals to bring their enthusiasm and energy to the Commission,” said Lisa Kerr, Land Commissioner/Parks & Trails Director. “This is a great opportunity to be part of the future of Cook County’s parks and trails.”
The Parks & Trails Commission was established to advise and provide recommendations to the Cook County Board of Commissioners on all matters relating to the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of parks, trails, recreational programs and facilities on public lands within Cook County in cooperation with other local, state and federal public entities for the benefit and enjoyment of the residents and visitors of Cook County.
Projects like the Sawtooth Bluffs Recreation Master Plan are developed under the Parks & Trails Commission.
The Parks & Trails Commission is made up of:
- Eight regular voting members appointed by the Cook County Board of Commissioners include:
- One representative per Board of Commissioner District
- Representative for City of Grand Marais
- Representative for Grand Portage
- Member At-Large
- Standing member of the Board of Commissioner and an alternate
- Non-voting Ex-Officio member
- Other Ex-Officio members
- Land Commissioner/Parks & Trails Director
- Representative for Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Representative for United States Forest Service
The Commission holds six regular meetings each year, with special meetings if needed. Meeting dates, times and places are determined at the beginning of each year. Schedules and Agendas are posted in the Land Services Department Office, and available on the Cook County Website.
For more information, go to http://co.cook.mn.us/2016site/index.php/countygov/2016-04-05-16-02-22/parks-and-trails-commission or to apply, contact: Lisa Kerr at 387-3654 or by email [email protected]