A SNAPSHOT OF THE 10 DAY FESITVAL IN THE BOLD NORTH
Today's kick-off of the 10-day festival leading up to Super Bowl LII, including the opening night on Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon, the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee is providing a snap shot of the events it has planned for the next 10 days.
- Watch Mayor Jacob Frey, Viktor the Viking and Chad Greenway be the first riders of the Bold North Zipline across the Mississippi River
Bold North Kickoff @ Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon
Date: January 26
When: 5:15pm – 9:00pm
Where: VerizonUp Stage at Ice Mountain (Nicollet Mall and 8th Street)
- At 5:15pm the lights of Super Bowl LIVE will officially turn on, starting 10 days of availability
- Idina Menzel will kick-off of ten days of festivities when she sings “Let it Go” on Ice Mountain at approximately 6pm.
- View the list of performers at our free and open to the concerts at mnsuperbowl.com/SBLIVE.
Bold Hope In The North
Date: January 28
Where: Westminster Presbyterian Church at Nicollet Mall and 12th Street, Minneapolis
- You are invited to an Interfaith Gathering to Celebrate Unity and Shared Purpose January 28, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. Westminster Presbyterian Church at Nicollet Mall and 12th Street, Minneapolis.
- In partnership with the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee, this celebration will showcase Minnesota’s national leadership in multi-faith dialogue and cooperation, and will raise money to prevent homelessness through the Interfaith Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The celebration will feature music, testimonies from people helped by the Emergency Rental Assistance Program...and a few surprises!
- A group of Interfaith leaders approached the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee about using the occasion of the Super Bowl to tell the world a uniquely Bold North story of unity and community amongst the diverse people and faiths who are Minnesota. Watch their football-themed video featuring Minnesota leaders from twelve different faiths, inviting Minnesotans and our visitors to join them for an interfaith gathering: https://youtu.be/kSB8kgVCtms
Kids Tailgate Party
Date: Wednesday January 31
Where: Target Center
- The Kids Tailgate Party is all about football, food and fun in celebration of our yearlong commitment to improving health and wellness for kids. Whether guests attended a Legacy Fund grant announcement in their community as part of our 52 Weeks of Giving campaign, attended a Super School Breakfast party or submitted a healthy game-day snack as part of the Super Snack Challenge, this Super Bowl experience is especially tailored for kids and families. The event will be like a once-in-a-lifetime party, leaving participants watching the Super Bowl on Sunday with the proud feeling of having been part of one of the world’s premier events.
- 1,500 guests, kids and adults, from across Minnesota that have supported the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee Legacy Fund program, received a grant, or competed in the Super Snack Challenge are invited to the event.
- Speakers at the event will include:
- Maureen Bausch, CEO, MN Super Bowl Host Committee
- Wendy Nelson, Co-Chair, Legacy Fund
- Eric Jolly, Co-Chair, Legacy Fund
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Gov. Mark Dayton
- Andrew Zimmern, Super Snack Challenge
- Alexis Glick, CEO, GENYOUTH
- Lucas Lentsch, CEO Midwest Dairy Council, Super School Breakfast
- Robert Forrester, President & CEO, Newman's Own Foundation and Co-Chairman, Newman's Own, Inc.
- Dana Nelson, VP MN Super Bowl Host Committee Legacy Fund
Legacy Fund – Final Grant Announcement with Commissioner Roger Goodell
Date: February 1
Where: Anwatin Middle School, 256 Upton Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- The Legacy Fund will award grant 52 from its 52 weeks of Giving campaign to Anwatin Middle School to help upgrade their athletic field. Commissioner Roger Goodell will join the Minnesota Super Bowl Legacy Fund to salute our yearlong campaign to improve health and wellness across the state.
SUPER BOWL LIVE PRESENTED BY VERIZON – MEDIA LOGISTICS AND KEY INFORMATION
Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon will open daily starting on Friday, January 26 at 4:00pm through gameday on Sunday, February 4. The event — free and open to the public – will stretch six blocks on Nicollet Mall, from South 12th Street to South 6th Street. The free, 10-day festival will have something for everyone including food, fun and nods to winter that showcase Minnesota’s authentic, Bold North brand, including larger-than-life ice sculptures, warming huts, ice bars and winter sports and activities.
Free Concert Series at Verizon Up Stage
The Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee (MNSBHC) has enlisted Grammy-winning producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis to curate 10 days of free music on Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon. Daily line-ups and schedules will be organized largely based on music genre, such as country, rock, gospel, hip hop, reggae and soul. Highlights include an evening of music honoring Prince on Monday, January 29. ‘Prince Night’ performers include The Revolution, Sheila E. and Morris Day and the Time and other artists with professional ties to late Minnesota-born icon. Dozens of other national and local Minnesota artists will perform free music daily at Verizon Up Stage at Ice Mountain on Nicollet Mall at 8th Street on Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon. A schedule, which continues to be updated, can be found here: mnsuperbowl.com/sblive.